How can we improve Oasys Structural software in a BIG way?

GSA cracked beam deflection analysis

Calculate RC beam deflection based on stiffness of cracked section.

Depends on 'Generalise section object'.

#rcbeam #analysis

50 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Chris Kaethner shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Nick Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Presumably you'd have the option of specifying a number of "typical" sections within any beam element so you capture a reasonable stiffness?

• AdminChris Kaethner (Structural Team, Oasys) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Don, ...and there's another 'big idea' on 'GSA cracked slab deflection analysis'. There will be many spin-offs from the 'Generalise section object'. We will find it helpful to prioritise those, hence my desire to keep the items separate. I've renamed the 'AdSec as integral part of GSA' to 'AdSec analysis of sections from within GSA'. People who have already voted for that can re-assign their votes if they wish.

• don commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is also related to another "big idea" of linking gsa with adsec, which I think the vote should be added together. Please note that this could also be useful for seismic applications. So when imprementing this, it would better also consider using the results from response spectrum analysis.

Feedback and Knowledge Base